URGENT: Call to Stop Site C!
Rumours are flying around that BC NDP cabinet ministers will be finalizing their decision on Site C this week. And pundits are speculating that the government is planning to allow the dam to go forward. [1-2]
The only way to stop it now is with a last-minute flood of public pressure, bigger than this government has ever seen.
The NDP know that if they’re going to be reelected, they can’t afford to lose the support of progressive voters -- and that means that your voice has power.
If an unprecedented number of us make phone calls to key NDP cabinet ministers now, it could tip the scales and push the government to cancel the project.
But the decision on Site C could be finalized any moment now. Will you make a phone call to help deliver the final death blow to the Site C Dam now?
We’ve created talking points and a tool that will connect you with a key Minister's office with just a couple clicks. Will you make a phone call now?
Our tool will transfer you to a key minister's office to leave a message on their voicemail or with their staff. Make sure your phone is handy, and then enter your information (including your phone number) on this page, and we'll connect you to a key minister's office.
Not sure what to say? Feel free to use these simple talking points:
- My name is _________ and I'm a BC NDP voter (if you've donated or been a member of the NDP be sure to mention that too!)
- I'm calling to express my opposition to the Site C dam
- I don't want to waste 12 billion dollars on a project that we don't even need.
- I'm also concerned that the project does not have the consent of impacted First Nations.
- Please do everything you can to stop this disastrous project