Organizer Job Posting - Leadnow
Reporting to the Organizing Manager, Organizers at Leadnow are responsible for designing and delivering effective organizing programs that build the power and leadership of our movement.
Organizers will help develop the organizing priorities of the organization, lead the planning and execution of organizing tactics, develop communications materials and trainings for volunteers, and maintain databases and digital tools to keep this all on track.
$45,292.00-This is a full-time permanent position, plus benefits, unionized with BCGEU.
Leadnow organizes campaigns that build and defend a just, sustainable, and equitable Canada. Leadnow’s power comes from our community, we are independent from party politics and driven by the belief that democracy is both an ends and a means. We want a more open, accountable, and representative democracy because decisions should be driven by the people whose lives they affect.
We welcome and value the contributions that individuals who identify as members of marginalized communities bring to our organization, and encourage Indigenous people, people of colour, women, people identifying as LGBTQI, members of ethnic minorities, immigrants and people living with disabilities to apply.
Why you’ll love working at Leadnow:
- A flexible and friendly work environment
- Opportunities for professional development, mentorships, secondments, and networking - both locally and internationally
- Purposeful work, that creates a tangible, measurable difference
- Leadnow is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of their religious affiliation, race, age, sex, sexual orientation or nature of disability
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Organizing strategy and plans
- Work with the campaigns team (especially the Organizing Manager) to develop organizing strategies that set the organization on track to deliver on strategic priorities. These strategic plans will include organizing tactics, volunteer recruitment and training plans
- Create and deliver high-quality, thoughtful organizing campaigns, using your creativity to design and implement inspiring and impactful journeys with clear theories of change
- Help set organizing targets and monitor organizing campaigns to see if the goals are being achieved
- Help with data-driven and qualitative evaluation of our organizing efforts
- Recruit, train, support and retain volunteers
- Manage our organizing tactics: distributed organizing support, phone banking, canvassing, peer-to-peer texting, bird-dogging, and data entry
- Build relationships with volunteers and external partners
- Plan and execute events
Communications + Training
- Prepare campaign and organizing resources like toolkits, flyers, brochures, etc.
- Plan and deliver trainings, orientations and events (on and offline) that build leadership and volunteer capacity
Data + Tech
- Help create and maintain tracking systems for organizing -- including thoughtful user journeys
- Track potential and current volunteers for place-based and distributed organizing
- Provide tech and digital campaigning support as needed
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for applications is Monday March 16th. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.