100% Clean Energy by 2050
The Paris Climate Summit is just a few days away, and we could be on the edge of a major tipping point for global climate action. It’s a moment of historic opportunity, and we have a rare chance to call for a plan that’s big enough to meet this inter-generational crisis, with a government that might listen.
With the whole world paying attention to Canada’s new positions, and the federal and provincial governments coming together to create a new climate plan for Canada over the next few months, many groups are coming out in favour of a bold climate solution with growing global support: 100% clean and renewable energy by 2050.
To reach this goal we’re going to need to work together across the country with a plan to:
- Create hundreds of thousands of low-carbon jobs,
- Respect and promote Indigenous rights,
- Stop the expansion of fossil fuel infrastructure and,
- Do our part to stop a dangerous 2 degree rise in global temperature.
We can do it, but we need to work together.
- Alberta’s climate change strategy targets carbon, coal emissions http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-climate-change-newser-1.3330153
- Saskatchewn energy to be 50% renewable by 2030: Brad Wall http://leaderpost.com/business/energy/saskatchewan-energy-to-be-50-per-cent-renewable-by-2030-brad-wall
- Three Big Moves toward a 100% renewable energy system for Canada http://climateactionnetwork.ca/2015/11/18/three-big-moves-toward-a-100-renewable-energy-system-for-canada/